Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 0, July 22

Day 0

Smith woke much earlier than I, and began organizing the field-gear. I could hear her checking her kit: "ruler, compass, level, ...". I got up in time to move some things to the van; err, "mobile research institute."

Soon enough, we were off. And after a short stop in Deep Cove, we were charging across the Straight of Georgia on the "Queen of Sannach." Then into the heavy traffic of the lower mainland in order to retrieve the historic camera from the grandson of Bert Riggal.

Noodles in Surrey, and on to hwy3; the famed "Crow's Nest Pass." It started raining as the sun went down in a blaze of orange behind us. Darkness and fog raising off the road near "Manning Provincial Park." I wanted to find a campsite, as I had had a busier day than I am used to. We camped shortly after Princeton, which lay in the valley lite up like the landing site of a ufo.

No comments: